Alongside the "High-Level Conference: Financing Sustainable Growth" held by the European Commission on the 22th of March, the European Federation of Investors (Better Finance) President, Ms. Jella Benner-Heinacher, and Better Finance Managing Director, Mr. Guillaume Prache, met with the European Commissioner for Environment, Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Mr. Karmenu Vella.
- promote the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs),
- set out ocean-specific standards and,
- comply with International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards and the European Investment Bank (EIB) Environment and Social Principles and standards.
- work with NGOs and investors to develop a set of "blue economy investment principles" that will guide financing decisions. These principles should encourage investors to engage with the maritime sectors in which they invest as good stewards, as well as steering capital towards those sectors that are more sustainable and away from those that are fishing unsustainably, resulting in a differentiated cost of capital for these approches;
- turn the principles into investor guidelines and consider how to use these principles to strengthen existing EU ecolabels.
www.vzmd.si – More on the VZMD – PanSlovenian Shareholders' Association
www.vzmd.tv and www.investo.tv – Over 300 videos from VZMD.TV and investo.tv
www.investo.si – More on the investo.si – Invest to Slovenia Program
www.invest-to.net – More on the network of 65 national organizations of shareholders and investors – invest-to.net