- Street: Rue du Lombard 76
- Postcode: B-1000
- City: Brussels
- Country: Slovenia
- Contact Phone: (32) 25 14 37 77
- Fax: (32) 25 14 36 66
The organisation's overall task is to represent the interests of individual shareholders in the European Union.
The main objectives of Euroshareholders are:
- to protect and represent the interests of shareholders and other investors in listed securities;
- to enhance shareholders' value;
- to guarantee equal treatment of all shareholders;
- to support harmonisation at the EU level on appropriate issues;
- to support corporate governance principles at the European level;
- to promote financial education and scientific research on capital market and shareholder value, e.g. in the regulatory area
In order to fulfil these objectives, Euroshareholders regularly delivers opinions about issues concerning the shareholder's position, carries out research and arranges for proxy representation of members at the various national annual general meetings.
Recently we have been working on the transparency and integrity of capital markets, the reform of the European financial supervision, shareholder engagement in financial institutions, costs and performance within investments funds, "substitute" retail investment products, etc.
One of Euroshareholders' activities is also fighting against insider trading, misleading information and other forms of financial criminality. Many of our members bring cases in court in their national jurisdictions despite the lack of collective redress schemes for investors in a majority of EU member countries.